- Academic Support Materials: Many of these are in electronic form on websites whose links may be found on MyCSM/Campus Services/Student Support Services Office. There are resource books, texts, and writing and grammar aids housed in the Student Support Services Office.
- Content Study Groups: Content study groups link course content, cognitive skill development, and learning strategies in a series of out-of-classroom sessions. These voluntary sessions, organized by Student Services staff or students, allow students to work together to master course content.
- Personal Learning Program: Students who seek study skills or other learning assistance can meet with program staff to develop a plan of action.
Testing Services: The following test services are available through the Student Support Services Office: ADA testing accommodations and limited administration of make-up exams.
*Please Note: A student should speak with her instructor before missing a regularly scheduled exam. The instructor will arrange for the make-up of that exam, following CSM’s Testing Policy.
- Tutorial Assistance: Academic tutoring is available on a drop-in basis; students may check the AC page on MyCSM to learn the hours of specific tutors. Tutors are specially trained CSM students who have already successfully completed the course for which they are tutoring. Tutoring is available in many subjects including developmental math and English, social sciences, algebra, and science. Students may call ahead to check on availability.
- Professional tutoring: The Student Services Office has a professional math tutor and a professional writing tutor. This means that these individuals have advanced degrees in their areas and can do more specialized tutoring and cover higher levels of content. Hours can be found on MyCSM/campus services/achievement center. Appointments are strongly recommended to see the writing tutor.