A person who holds a bachelor’s degree from College of Saint Mary or an institution whose accreditation is comparable to that of College of Saint Mary may obtain an associate’s or second bachelor’s degree from College of Saint Mary by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Be admitted into College of Saint Mary and be accepted into a major resulting in a degree significantly different from the major of the existing degree.
- Earn a tleast 30 hours beyond the original degree in residence at College of Saint Mary. Normally, the 30 hours will be in the new major.
- Fulfill all requirements for the major including supporting courses.These requirements may total more than 30 hours. If previous courses satisfy some of the major requirements, the department will designate other courses to enhance the major to meet the 30-hour minimum requirement. Certain programs require completion of supporting field requirements and other specific courses.
- General Education Requirements:
- Associate degree: A total of three credit hours of theology and three credit hours of philosophy are required.
- Bachelor degree: A total of six credit hours of theology and six credit hours of philosophy are required. Appropriate transfer credits may be accepted for this requirement on approval of the program director of the student’s major.