Project SPEAK is dedicated to creating comprehensive and survivor-centered responses to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking on our campus and in our community; we empower and educate the community and survivors to foster a safe and supportive environment.
Project SPEAK is created and funded through the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW), a component of the United States Government Department of Justice, a grand to reduce sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking (SDDVS) on campus.
What we do:
- Provide ongoing comprehensive prevention, education, and bystander intervention training for the entire campus community.
- Programming is tailored to meet cultural/population specific needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Ongoing training for campus security, disciplinary boards on best practices, effective reporting, and response to SDDVS.
- Foster comprehensive coordinated community responses by facilitating campus and community conversations
- Partner with community-based victim service providers to provide 24-hour confidential accessibility to victim services.
- Enhance campus-based victim services and comprehensive responses
For questions regarding Project SPEAK services please email [email protected]. The program coordinator is located in Walsh Hall 151.