Payments of Excess Financial Aid

If a credit balance is created on a student’s account by the application of any type of financial assistance, the student will be eligible for a refund. Refunds will be issued via electronic fund transfer (EFT) or by check in the rare case that EFT is not available. Students must go to the Nelnet site through and provide their bank account information for refunds. Please be sure all information including current address is updated and accurate.