Change of Advisor or Major

Once a student is officially accepted by the University and into her chosen major program, the student is assigned a permanent advisor from the major field. Students may subsequently request a change of advisor through the Registrar’s Office.

A student who wishes to change majors must discuss this change with both the current academic advisor and the faculty of the program to which the student is changing. If the decision to change is made, the student must file a Change of Major Form available on MyCSM, Forms. Nursing, Occupational Therapy and Pre- Physician Assistant status majors require an internal application and students may switch to that major only if they are officially accepted into that program.